Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Keeping your Promises to Your Customers

Recently, a telephone customer service representative told me that he would call me back with information that I requested  He asked for a 24-hour window to get the information back to me.  Additionally, he stated that he would respond either by email or call me.  At the time of the conversation, I was about to drop my telephone service--I had had enough!  Poor customer service, I thought.  How realized I had been transferred to so many people that didn't know anything!  This was the last straw!  However, within a four hour time frame, this person had not only gotten back with me (via telephone and email) but also offered tips to make things run smoother for me if the incident occurred again.  WOW!  What a relief!  My faith was restored!  This simple gesture astounded me--why?  Because customer service seems to be a thing of the past!  This helped this company save another customer by just being timely and polite! And to think, I will tell others about this experience.

Gestures such as these should teach companies that:  1. the competition is stiff, and you should alway maintain and edge over them; 2. instanteous technological communication is just a click away..use it; 3. customers that have been frayed, worn and torn will take their $$$ elsewhere in a heartbeat so make sure that you offer assistance, keep your promises, or offer a viable solution. 


Remember to F.O.C.U.S, and that SUCCESS IS YOUR DESTINY!

Follow me on twitter: @dr.collinswright

No comments:

Post a Comment